Sunday, June 03, 2007

Where Have You Been?

My co-workers laughed when I told them that Jeff and I were taking a cruise to Alaska for our 5th wedding anniversary, because I'm always cold. Seriously, I'm the one wearing a coat in 80 degree weather. I take iron pills and yet, I'm shivering while standing in the sun. The cruise was great, but I did freeze my ass off. Here are a few things we did and saw:

Mmmmmm. Reindeer? Kosher reindeer? They've got some weird tastebuds up North, and paaaleeaasee, like they have more than a dozen Jews in Alaska.








Told you I was cold! The scenery, however, was gorgeous.










Kids, this is a glacier. They did once exist until the U.S. government walking hand-in-hand with big business helped perpetuate global warming.








Jeff and me on the high seas on our only sunny, warm day in Alaska. We were heading to Ketchikan on one of the water taxis.








Finally, Mel finds a way to keep warm in Alaska!

2 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Beautiful place I bet. Mind you I'd settle for the warm bit in the bar...

FOUR DINNERS said...

I just realised what I said....

(Soz Jeff but she is a bit of a babe eh?)