Monday, November 05, 2007

Thought of the Day: Halloween Candy Detox

For the love of G-d would someone please destroy the Tootsie Roll factory! I have been pill-popping those damn things for nearly a week. Fortunately, I've managed to cleanse both of the candy dishes at work and my daughter's trick-or-treat pumpkin of all things Tootsie Roll, so I may have a chance of making it to the end of November without looking like a Tootsie Roll.

I'm usually pretty good about not eating junk, especially the kind that has high fructose corn syrup in it, but there is something about those damn Halloween Tootsie Rolls that makes the gloves come off. I'm glad Halloween is once a year, because normally, I wouldn't even think of actually purchasing a Tootsie Roll.

I have a notorious sweet tooth, so now that all of the Tootsie Rolls are gone I'll be able to keep it in check again. I don't do the cookies or yummy cakes or muffins at the office, and I have low sugar snacks at home, so sweets are rarely a problem, except during this time of the year. Thankfully, I've been working out to keep the calories under control, and now that all of the candy I like has been consumed I can go back to a somewhat healthy lifestyle (at least until Hanukkah that is - fucking delicious chocolate gold coins).

3 comments:

saintseester said...

Man, I cannot resist the multiple flavors of tootsie rolls they get at halloween. Vanilla, orange, ooh, lime!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, the midgees, I think they're called. I love the lime ones. Mmmmmm. Those things are evil.

FOUR DINNERS said...

I don't know what a tootsie roll is which, assuming it's non alcoholic, maybe a good thing...