Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back from the Dead

I know. I've been gone awhile. I could give you a long and drawn out sob story about work being a scary, time consuming, pain in the ass, but most people say that about their jobs. I could do a lot of boo-hooing about personal life drama, but again, most people have that as well, and they are only interested in personal lives of celebrities, not suburb punk mamas. Anyways, many apologies for stupidly choosing to play computer games at night and grump at my family, rather than taking my frustrations out in witty, angst-ridden ramblings...especially in an election year.

While I was gone a few interesting things seemed to have happened. People are selling their souls for gas money. My Prius now costs $45 to fill, and no one in Europe has an iota of sympathy for our whining American asses. The worst part of all is that the Amish are now laughing at us, and one of the presidential candidates (I'll give you a hint: the old, white, out of touch guy) wants to drill in beautiful Alaska. The only joy that has come out of this aside from watching rednecks choke while trying to syphon gas from their neighbor's pickup trucks, is that it proves my anti-capitalist theories. Capitalism gone amok is very bad...very, very bad.

Speaking of whores who would sell their souls for a buck, the election battle seems to be in full swing. I'm already so sick of the corporate news media that I want to puke. I think I'm in favor of France's system of calling a moratorium on all media coverage two weeks prior to the election. The most scary thing I've seen from the news is watching people try to justify John McCain. He is so out of touch, and doesn't have a clue about a lot of things, but people just scramble to defend the guy. Maybe he was the right candidate 8 years ago (and G-d knows would have done a far better job than the numbnuts that got elected), but his policies don't seem to address big issues of concern right now. He has no plan to enact an alternative energy policy, his drilling in Alaska won't yield results until 2020 at the earliest, his healthcare solution is non-existent, and he's all for staying in Iraq. I think I'll vote for the secret Muslim, black guy who wants to raise taxes and hates Israel (according to those fucking propaganda emails that people keep sending me...seriously, stop it).

I experienced my first California earthquake the other day, and was halfway through it before I figured out that it was an earthquake and not a semi-truck backing up too close to the office. I didn't have much of a reaction, which surprised my native Californian co-workers. I guess I would have been a little more jumpy had pictures began falling off the walls, but it was only a 5.4 and it was centered closer to my house rather than my office, so no big deal. The most annoying part came right after when I had a hundred people asking me, "so what did you think of your first earthquake." Not much. I guess I need something in the 6.0-6.5 neighborhood to get me rattled and panicky.

I'm smiling from ear to ear that Alberto Gonzales' corrupt crew of uber-Christian lawyers are all being indicted right now for politicizing the Justice Department. Monica Goodling, that miserable piece of garbage of a woman (and traitor, in my humble opinion), will definitely be dis-barred and likely be doing jail time. It is such a breath of fresh air to finally see some semblance of the democracy we claim we have poking its head back into the light after eight long years of living under a repressive regime. For awhile it seemed like Bush & Co. could wipe their butts with the Constitution, and no one was willing to call them on it. This should be a lesson to all, if someone says they love Jesus just to get elected into anything, then turn and run away.

For what it's worth, I don't believe for a second that Alberto had no knowledge of what his aides were doing, and if he didn't he's a bigger numbnuts than George W., and that's a title that makes suicide look like the better option.

3 comments:

Lsamsa said...

Welcome back!!
Have truly missed your witty & 'spot-on' commentaries.
Ha, computer games...love them...my way of keeping the brain at bay for a while...great therapy!

maxr said...

[quote]I experienced my first California earthquake the other day, and was halfway through it before I figured out that it was an earthquake and not a semi-truck backing up too close to the office[/quote]

Hahaha. Nice blog, very insightful.

The Preacherman said...

so the earth moved eh? ;-)