Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Thought of the Day: Sweet, Cold Revenge

On a day to day basis I see so much that's wrong with the world. Assholes get away with making people's lives miserable, and you always hold out and hope that someday they will get theirs. Just at the moment I find myself contemplating throwing in the towel on karma, fate smiles its gold-toothed grin and shows me that what comes around, goes around isn't just a catchy saying.

Half a dozen years ago I worked for a company that the term "unethical" was created for. I watched them screw over nearly everyone they came into contact with. I wasn't too keen on their business practices, but I loved what I was doing (and I was too young to have learned to value myself yet), so I stayed. They worked me like a dog, paid me nothing, and the moment I brought all of my hard work to their attention, decided I was insubordinate and that we should part ways. The immediate joke seemed to be on me, because I was out of the only business I had wanted to work in since I was 13 years old. However, they had to hire five people to replace me, so I had the last muted chuckle.

I knew eventually their "screw you over for a nickel" ways would catch up to them, and today was that day. Now the main perpetrators get to feel what it's like to have the rug pulled out from under them. Maybe it's wrong for me to be this happy, and perhaps because of said happiness something bad will end up happening to me, but I can't help it. I'm giddy and loving life right now! If this is wrong, then I'll find some worthy non-profit to make a donation to. In fact, I'll give them a big donation; a little bit to cover the giddiness I feel now, and a lot to cover the bottle of wine I'm going to drink tonight to toast their downfall.

No comments: