Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thought of the Day: BJ Issues

Can't Ben & Jerry's make just one shitty tasting ice cream! How come every pint on the shelf has to be like eating frozen heaven? I'm convinced that Ben & Jerry's and my strong affection for it is the reason I don't have a Size 2 ass...well, that and the wrong mixture of genetics.

I have, what I call, my Ben & Jerry's moments. About the time that I'm sneaking into the kitchen like a cat burgler, eating the ice cream straight out of the container, and figuring out that if Jeff walks in, I can hide the spoon behind the frozen loaf of bread, I know I've reached a tipping point and it's time to diet again.

I had strep throat not too long ago, and out of kindness, my loving husband bought a pint of Coffee (my absolute favorite) and a pint of Chunky Monkey. Last night at 9:30 PM, despite my exhaustion, I was on my elliptical machine. I tell my daughter it is because I want to be healthy, but that's bullshit. I'm sweating my guts out, because of the Ben & Jerry's. To my credit, I didn't eat the whole pint, just 1/4 of it, which is still somewhere in the neighborhood of 220 calories, and don't get me started on the fat content. I'm hoping the rest will frost over and go bad really soon, or that my husband will sneak into the kitchen one night like a cat burgler and maybe, hide his spoon in a different place.

No comments: