Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Be With You All Shortly...

I'm still alive and doing well (if you consider "well" being closer to a nervous breakdown than Brittney Spears). My big fundraising event is less than three weeks away on March 10th, and it is going to be a fabulous party. Unfortunately, the leadership at the non-profit I work for is inept and hasn't bothered to cultivate a base of supporters, so the RSVPs are really lagging. Ever had a party no one showed up to? Well, I'm about half way to where I want to be right now, so the post I make on March 11th will either tell the tale of a lot of RSVPs coming in at the last minute or will be a pissing and moaning rant about how I threw a cool event and no one showed up.

Never fear, whether it's a happy, happy, joy, joy message or a piss and moan fest, I'll still talk about Brittney shaving her head, because that was the best laugh I've had in awhile. I guess she couldn't let Anna Nicole's corpse steal all of the spotlight (wouldn't it just be easier to develop some talent or get a degree?). See you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about option #3 where Britney becomes a model mother and doesn't mind others having the spotlight? Ah, a girl can dream....

Anyway, good luck with the party. People always RSVP late -- I'm sure the hoards will come.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Good luck with the event babe. It'll work out. Want me to drum up a few guests? er... maybe not

Like jennyk said people always RSVP late and the what??? oh yeah..er hoards...right