Monday, September 24, 2007

Thought of the Day

I love my new home in Southern California, but I haven't quite gotten used to the obsession with perfection, and the numerous surgical means for achieving said perfection. I was looking through the local indie magazine this week when I saw one of the many plastic surgery centers advertising a procedure called "vaginal rejuvenation".

After a few curious moments, I went to the Google and found out that your face and boobs aren't the only things that droop or sag a bit with age. My question now is, who in the world decided that their private parts were too old looking, and how did they make this discovery!?! I know my nightly routine includes washing my face, brushing my teeth, applying wrinkle cream, and combing out my hair, but perhaps I've completely missed the step where I stand naked over a mirror to make sure my vagina still looks as fabulous as it did when I was in my early 20s.

I have been on this earth for 34 years, and in that time I have met a lot of men from all backgrounds, cultures, and countries with various tastes and preferences, and aside from the gay ones, I have never known a man to turn away pussy because the labial lobes weren't tight enough. Any man who did turn it away for that reason is an asshole you wouldn't want to fuck anyways, so what's the point of this stupid surgery!

This procedure should be the straw that breaks the camel's back. It should be the one thing that gives us a clue that no matter how much you use a knife to alter your appearance, you will never be perfect, because there is no one definition of perfect. One person's perfect is another person's Frankenstein, so ladies, enough plastic surgery bullshit, and for fuck's sake be kind to your body, and spare your vag the hatchet job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,

Glad to hear you got settled in SoCal. I have been catching up with your blog. This last post takes the cake though. I do have one question for you...I thought that "vaginal rejuvenation" was Jeffs job??

FOUR DINNERS said...

Gordon Bennett!!! I'm tempted to say "How the hell do you lift pussy??" but I think I'll pass and forget I read this.....