Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thought of the Day

Now it's personal. My 20-year-old cousin was deployed to Iraq yesterday. I'm so pissed I can barely see straight. I'm one of those shit disturbers that has been against this war since the beginning. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see the benefit of young people dying or lose a limb for corporate oil profits.

He doesn't even know when he'll be home, because those fuckers keep extending military deployments, so basically he is in that desert shithole until We, The People get off our collective asses and begin raising severe amounts of hell. I would say he's over there until the opposition party grows some balls, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. I voted those assholes in because they said they were going to end this war, but they turned out be a bunch of gutless wonders.

I just hope he doesn't end up coming home the way most service people are returning, with an amputated limb or in a body bag. I have to believe that he will be okay, but I worry about the poor boy's mind. Watching horror movies, playing 'shoot 'em up' Xbox games, and being desensitized daily by advertising is one thing, but coming face to face with the reality and smell of death is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I'll pray for my young cousin nightly, and as for those bastards in D.C. they'd better do something to end this soon.

3 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Not a prayer bloke meself but I'll say one anyroad for him. Not sure who to but I suppose if I'm wrong somebody might hear it...

Cynnie said...

my nephew has been sent to iraq..
my sister..the super conservative super religious woman she is ..said ..
"but it's pretty safe there now "

hello?
safe?

I know I must have been adopted..

my poor nephew.

* (asterisk) said...

Hmm, that sucks. But I guess if you sign up, you gotta expect the call will come. Still, I hope he keeps safe out there.