Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Adios!

Yesterday was one hell of a glorious day for democracy. People turned out in droves to tell the Bush Regime not to let the door hit them in the ass on the way out. Not only did the other party take the House (and possibly the Senate), but also the South Dakota Nazi-like abortion measure failed, voters in my state did good by the environment by voting in new energy conservation legislation, and this morning, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld resigned.

Despite the joy, there were a few disappointments. Dave Reichert won his congressional seat back, with no help from anyone in my household, of course. Sorry, Dave, but if you want my support, you may have to catch the Northwest’s worst serial killer in history in under a quarter of a century. Four states passed bans on same-sex marriage, and (what a shock) one of them was Idaho. This seems a bit ironic to me having grown up there, since I knew more closeted Nancy boys in the Gem State than I do openly gay guys here in Seattle.

Speaking of Nancy, for the first time in United States history, the Congressional member from San Francisco walked into the House this morning and was greeted with, “Good Morning Madam Speaker.” Score one for the ladies; we officially have one of our own as the Speaker of the House. All I have to say is, it’s about fucking time. We make up nearly 60% of the population and only have one woman sitting on the Supreme Court, so we were owed more representation.

In terms of women ascending to power, this is how it should go down: I want a wonderful lady filling the Vice Presidency in 2008, and before I’m 40, I want to see a woman at the desk of the Oval Office (instead of under it). Good luck Speaker Nancy, you made history, now make us grrls proud!

I want to wish a “Good Riddance, Motherfucker” to the following:

·Katherine Harris, you are the nutty bitch who screwed up the 2000 presidential election and laughed about it, but are you laughing now Kathy? Didn’t think so.

·Rick Santorum, your loss last night made gay men everywhere get up and dance (not that they really need a reason). The only reservation I have about your leaving is that now when the pictures of you wearing a garter and kitten heels come out, it just won’t mean that much. However, I know a power monger like you isn’t gone for good, you’ll be back, and unfortunately will try to oppress people who haven’t done anything to you, because you think Jesus shares your hate-filled agenda. Until then, at least you’ll have plenty of down time to continue thinking about gay men having sex, which you seem to do more than most gay men I know.

·Mike McGavick, the Republican challenger who decided to try to unseat Washington State’s amazing Senator Maria Cantwell. What were you thinking, man? You were the head of an insurance company running for election the same year as the Hurricane Katrina disaster. Didn’t you see those Spike Lee documentaries where all of the Katrina victims talked about getting completely fucked by the insurance companies? Get a clue!

Yesterday, my faith was restored in my country’s ability to be the strong, independent-thinking nation I knew it was. The neocons spent six long years playing the fear card, but yesterday, Americans everywhere stood up, became fearless, and told those thieving bastards to fuck off giving them the most fitting of punishments.

The spanking was so harsh that today, other than Rummy’s resignation, the first George Bush sent a team of his friends, including James Baker, to the White House to bail out his idiot son, yet again. Although I don’t know how much the Democrats can do to dig us out of this horrible hole left by six years of unchecked, corrupt power; at least they have a chance to try.

9 comments:

GAC said...

I'm very impressed by this post...your sentiments are shared on this momentous day!!!

Beezle said...

Feeling blue never felt so good! Although, I must admit I think the "blue state" and "red state" categorizations polarize Americans and just create more nasty bi-partisan politics. Whatever, it worked for the lame pun I was going for.

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Joy Joy.

c said...

Ken Blackwell was defeated soundly in the Governor's race in Ohio. Why does that matter? He's the guy who promised Ohio to Bush in 2004 and he delivered. I'm proud of my state, for once in the nine years we've lived here.

Braindead Betty said...

Completely off topic on the post, but I heard on the news this morning that there was some pretty bad flooding in Washington. I just wanted to say that I hope you and your family are fine and well clear of the dangerous areas.

Melanie said...

Thanks Betty! I'm in a suburb about 5-10 miles from Downtown Seattle, so our house is okay. The folks in the more rural areas about 40 miles north and 30 miles east of Seattle were affected. Within city limits there have been a lot of flooded basements, but fortunately, we don't have a basement, just a little girl who thinks splashing in rain puddles is the best thing in the world. The only thing I'm flooded with is dirty laundry from said little girl.

Jennifer said...

Can I explain my joy that 933 and 920 were not passed? And that corporate jock, McGavick, did not win in the Senate seat?? The last thing we need is some uberrich CEO of an INSURANCE company as our Senator.

Kudos to WA state. Now, what the hell happened up here in Whatcom County with the House seat staying with Ericksen (GOPer) and a tight race looking like it'll be taken by the GOPer instead of Salomon, who garnered much support, is beyond me. *Sigh*. Guess we can't win em all.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jennifer. Plus, Mike McGavick's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Don't know why.

The flooding has only slown us down a bit. We are in a basement apartment, but we've been lucky so far.

I'm still in shock after the results of the elections. Or maybe it's just that the terrible lack of sleep and outrageous amount of stress I've been suffering lately has left me dead from the neck up. Glad to hear the rain hasn't caused any problems for you and your family.

FOUR DINNERS said...

One leaves another arrives. I never used to be such a pessimist...

Has he got a son? We might end up with George jnr jnr or some'at.